Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Countdown's on!

Immediately into the new year I started stressing...thinking about getting Gael started in preschool and starting my bar prep. Two days in and we are both surviving, but only now can I really understand how hard everyone told me it was going to be. The first day I fought back tears and from the red in Gael's eyes when I picked him up, I believe the feelings were mutual. I physically miss my little guy when away and had to keep reminding myself how to do things, even breathe. I'm very confident in the daycare facility and I'm sure Gael and I will soon be in a routine that will get us trough the next 8 weeks before the bar exam. Ready or not, we are doing this!
Sorry no pictures yet, but I'll try to get one of Gael and his new buddies at daycare posted soon.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I feel your pain on this one. My first day back to work, I cried so hard on the drive there that I had a hard time catching my breath. It WILL get easier, but you will always miss him while you're away.

amosclarkson said...

Awwww....this brought tears to my eyes! It will take adjustment but like you said, you'll get into a routine. It's amazing how these little guys just become our entire life & how we feel our own separation issues when apart! Good luck studying and you have an exciting countdown to begin!